- Las Positas College serves 8,115 students (46% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body.
- Las Positas College is one of 13 community colleges within Alameda County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Chabot College (17.4 miles away).
Las Positas College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|194 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,115 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:42||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,771 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,344 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Las Positas College is located on 147 acres in Livermore, in the midst of one of California's fastest-growing regions for business and scientific industry.
- Las Positas began as an extension center of Chabot College in 1963, offering 24 classes and enrolling 810 students at Livermore High School and two other sites. By 1965, the program had expanded and moved to Granada High School in Livermore; it subsequently grew to include Amador and Dublin High Schools as well. The District purchased the Livermore site that same year, intending to develop a comprehensive community college.
- Las Positas College currently enrolls approximately 8,100 day and evening students. The College offers a two-year curriculum for students seeking career preparation, transfer to a four-year college or university, or personal enrichment. Students who come to the College can choose any of 22 Occupational Associate Degrees, 16 Transfer Associate Degrees, and over 35 Certificate Programs.
- Las Positas College has since developed into a fully accredited comprehensive institution. In 1988 the College was designated by the Board of Governors to be an independent college. Las Positas College received full accreditation on January 7, 1991 from the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Related School Videos:
General Education AS degree at Las Positas College
5 months ago
General Education AA degree at Las Positas College
5 months ago
Related School News:
- East Bay high schools descend on Livermore for Science Bowl - Inside Bay Area
posted on January 23, 2013 at 05:49:31 pm
East Bay high schools descend on Livermore for Science BowlInside Bay AreaLIVERMORE -- The public is invited to watch East Bay science whizzes battle it out in the ...
- Las Positas College, Sandia host Regional Science Bowl - Manteca Bulletin
posted on January 22, 2013 at 05:55:46 am
Las Positas College, Sandia host Regional Science BowlManteca BulletinLIVERMORE - Las Positas College announced today that the College, in conjunction with ...
- Hoops Roundup: Castaneda stars again, but Gavilan women lose - Gilroy Dispatch
posted on January 17, 2013 at 07:56:24 am
Hoops Roundup: Castaneda stars again, but Gavilan women loseGilroy DispatchAndreinna Castaneda had 13 points and 11 rebounds, but Gavilan College's women's ...
14143 students | 17.4 mi. away
1679 students | 21.2 mi. away
20832 students | 23.5 mi. away
1777 students | 24.9 mi. away