- Irvine Valley College serves 13,605 students (39% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 56:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body.
- Irvine Valley College is one of 19 community colleges within Orange County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Coastline Community College (9.7 miles away).
Irvine Valley College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|244 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,605 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:56||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,344 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,261 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Irvine Valley College is an institution of higher learning that seeks to deliver innovative instruction and student services programs, provide opportunities for student success and enter into dynamic community partnerships. The college maintains high educational standards as measured by student learning outcomes including skills and knowledge gained.
- The college serves students seeking to transfer, enhance career skills, obtain a degree or certificate, or improve basic skills. The college also provides student support services, community education, opportunities for lifelong learning, cultural experiences, and activities promoting economic development and partnerships with the community. The central purpose of these programs and services is the education of students to think critically and act responsibly within the global community.
- IRVINE VALLEY COLLEGE combines a small-college environment with modern facilities and equipment, dedicated staff, and an excellent faculty who combine knowledge and experience with a sincere commitment to student learning.
- IVC has student government, over 20 student clubs, and co-curricular programs, including award-winning Model United Nations, Forensics, and Administration of Justice teams. Throughout the year there are art exhibits, concerts, dance and theatre performances, and special events. The 13 IVC men's and women's athletic teams include state and national champions.
- Irvine Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Related School Videos:
Contact Juggling at Irvine Valley College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Irvine chamber hosts economic forecast event - OCRegister
posted on January 12, 2013 at 01:46:40 am
Irvine chamber hosts economic forecast eventOCRegisterTop sponsors of the breakfast include Wells Fargo, Emulex, Burnham Benefits, Churm Media (now ...
- IVC speech team wins big
posted on December 8, 2012 at 07:53:00 am
The speech and debate team for Irvine Valley College was awarded the sweepstakes award for top community college at the ...
- Students honored at research symposium
posted on December 1, 2012 at 07:44:00 am
Irvine Valley College held the Fall 2012 Student Research Symposium on Nov. 10, sponsored by the IVC Committee on ...