- Athens Technical College serves 5,679 students (41% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body.
- Athens Technical College is the only community colleges within Clarke County, GA.
Athens Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|205 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,679 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:28||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,308 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,371 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The Clarke County School District and the Georgia Department of Education established Athens Technical College in 1958 and operated the institution for 28 years as Athens Area Vocational- Technical School. The institution initially held classes in former army barracks on Pope Street in downtown Athens and in classrooms in the Winterville community. In 1966, the institution relocated to a new facility on U.S. Highway 29 North, just three miles from downtown Athens.
- The institution acquired 10 additional acres of land and an 8,000-square-foot building directly across U.S. Highway 29 North from the Athens Campus in 2000. This facility houses an adult learning laboratory, the Job Quest Center, and services for special populations. In May 2003, construction began on a new 41,000-square-foot Business/Information Technology Building on the north end of the Athens Campus. The building will provide 18 classrooms, a lecture hall, instructional technology and computer network centers, and offices for faculty in the Division of Business and Personal/Public Services.
- For the past 46 years, Athens Technical College has served the citizens of its surrounding ten-county service area by providing quality educational programs. Whether your goal is to earn a certificate, diploma, or associate degree, ATC has over 32 programs and 53 Technical Certificates of Credit in business, health, technical, and manufacturing-related majors. ATC offers many courses through distance learning delivery systems, and the College is noted for its application and integration of technology into the teaching/learning process.
- Athens Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Related School Videos:
Athens Technical College - Be the Stone
3 months ago
Dual Enrollment Up at Athens Technical College
2 years ago
The back of Athens Technical College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Caterpillar moves into Athens office space - Online Athens
posted on March 12, 2013 at 02:30:54 am
Caterpillar moves into Athens office spaceOnline Athens?The folks at Athens Technical College have been great, but it's going to be nice to have everyone ...
- Georgia technical colleges expanding global reach - Macon Telegraph (blog)
posted on March 11, 2013 at 02:01:56 pm
Georgia technical colleges expanding global reachMacon Telegraph (blog)Athens Technical College and two other system colleges already are working with Saudi ...
- McFarland, Shipplett to wed - Barrow County News
posted on March 11, 2013 at 01:49:21 pm
McFarland, Shipplett to wedBarrow County NewsShe is a 2008 graduate of Peachtree Ridge High School and attended Athens Technical College ...