- Palo Alto College serves 9,117 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Palo Alto College is one of 13 community colleges within Bexar County, TX.
- The nearest community college is St. Philip's College (8.2 miles away).
Palo Alto College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|228 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,117 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:40||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,045 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,072 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The college was founded in 1985 with the mission of providing higher education in the Southside with the goal of transferring students as well as preparing them for the workforce. In the past 20 years, we have excelled in our transfer programs. We are the community college that has the highest transfer rate in the State of Texas for Hispanics. The average transfer rate for Hispanic students in Texas is 8.9% - at Palo Alto College it is 38% for Hispanics.
- Palo Alto College offers general, transfer, and technical education; basic skills development and comprehensive literacy programs; continuing education and community outreach; student success and support programs; instructional technologies and distance education; library information resources and institutional research, planning, development and evaluation.
- In the workforce areas, we have added new programs in Academic Computer Technology, Aviation Management, Criminal Justice, Environmental Studies, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Health Professions, Logistics, Nursing, Teacher Education, and Turfgrass Management.
- Palo Alto College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and by Committee on Animal Technician Activities and Training of the Amercian Veterinary Medical Association. Its programs are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Federal Aviation Agency, and the American Society of Transportation and Logistics.
Related School Videos:
Palo Alto College 10th Anniversary
5 months ago
Palo Alto College 25th Anniversary
5 months ago
Jonathan Landin Palo Alto College Mix
1 year ago.
Joseph Gallardo Palo Alto College Mix
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Got a job? Palo Alto College still wants you - San Antonio Express
posted on December 27, 2012 at 09:36:46 pm
Got a job? Palo Alto College still wants youSan Antonio ExpressFor those whose New Year's resolutions include reaching educational milestone, Palo Alto ...
- Palo Alto College awarded contract to help welfare recipients find work - San Antonio Business Journal
posted on December 24, 2012 at 04:26:22 pm
Palo Alto College awarded contract to help welfare recipients find workSan Antonio Business JournalPalo Alto College's Corporate and Community Education Division will offer ...
- Palo Alto College awarded contract to help welfare recipients find work
posted on December 24, 2012 at 04:18:00 pm
SER Jobs for Progress Inc. has awarded Palo Alto College a $456,000 contract to help people in San ...
10902 students | 8.2 mi. away
25563 students | 8.8 mi. away
1422 students | 11.1 mi. away
16023 students | 14.1 mi. away
890 students | 16.1 mi. away