- Glendale Community College (Glendale - 91208) serves 15,727 students.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Glendale Community College (Glendale - 91208) is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles (8.3 miles away).
Glendale Community College (Glendale - 91208)
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Private Not-for-profit||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|419 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,727 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:38||1:21|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||not free|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||52%||91%|
- Glendale Community College was founded in 1927 to serve the needs of the people in the Glendale Union High School District which included La Crescenta, Glendale, and Tujunga. The school was founded as Glendale Junior College and from 1927 to 1929 conducted classes in the buildings of Glendale Union High School at Broadway and Verdugo in the City of Glendale. In 1929 the junior college moved to the Harvard School plant of the Glendale Union High School District where it remained until 1937. In this year a new plant, part of the present one, was completed and occupied. The year before, in 1936, the Glendale Junior College District was dissolved as such and became a part of the new Glendale Unified School District. The name of the school was changed to Glendale College in 1944. On July 1, 1970 Glendale College became a part of the Glendale Junior College District. On April 20, 1971 the Board of Education adopted a resolution changing the District name to Glendale Community College District.
- Glendale College is one of 107 community colleges in 72 community college districts throughout the state. Glendale College is known for its academic excellence. We transfer more students to the University of California than any other community college in the vast San Fernando and San Gabriel valleys.Our College Scholars program guarantees acceptance with junior standing at universities nationwide. We also specialize in state-of-the-art career training with high-tech facilities that set the standard for other colleges. There are 22 computer labs on campus.
- Glendale Community College has a college-credit enrollment of about 15,000 day and evening students, and approximately 10,000 others are reached through the adult education program, specialized job training programs such as JTPA and GAIN, and contract instruction administered by the Professional Development Center.
- Glendale Community College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
188 students | 8.3 mi. away
12498 students | 20.0 mi. away
7628 students | 20.3 mi. away
21610 students | 21.0 mi. away