- John Tyler Community College serves 10,564 students (29% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 45:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body.
- John Tyler Community College is one of 6 community colleges within Chesterfield County, VA.
- The nearest community college is Bryant and Stratton College-Richmond (10.9 miles away).
John Tyler Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|236 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,564 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:45||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,022 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,542 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- John Tyler Community College is one of twenty-three comprehensive community colleges comprising the Virginia Community College System. As an open-access two-year institution, the college is committed to creating a supportive, learning-centered environment and providing flexible, cost-effective quality educational and workforce training programs that prepare students for transfer, gainful employment, life-long learning, personal fulfillment and social responsibility as global citizens in a rapidly changing world.
- JTCC offers quality and economical opportunities for workforce development and training, transfer to four-year institutions and recreational and personal interest. The College serves more than 8,500 for-credit students each year and offers 13 associate degrees and 38 certificates. In addition, the institution also serves 8,000 non-credit students and 500 companies and government agencies annually through the Community College Workforce Alliance.
- John Tyler Community College has a comprehensive mission with regard to its academic programs. This mission is to provide academic preparation for transfer to four-year institutions, career preparation for entry into high demand occupational fields, developmental courses to prepare students for college-level work, job retraining, and life-long learning activities. The College offers the Associate Degrees in Arts and Sciences and in Applied Science. In addition the college has several certificate and career studies certificate programs.
- John Tyler Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer associate degrees.
Related School Videos:
This is John Tyler Community College
1 year ago.
Fool for Art at John Tyler Community College
2 years ago
John Tyler Community College
8 months ago
Related School News:
- John Tyler to present literary festival - Chesterfield Observer (subscription)
posted on February 13, 2013 at 04:18:19 pm
John Tyler to present literary festivalChesterfield Observer (subscription)John Tyler to present literary festival. John Tyler Community College will present its ...
- John Tyler Community College president to retire - Progress Index
posted on November 16, 2012 at 09:24:57 am
Progress IndexJohn Tyler Community College president to retireProgress IndexMIDLOTHIAN - Following 22 years at the helm of John Tyler Community College, President ...
- John Tyler Community College president retiring
posted on November 16, 2012 at 05:00:00 am
John Tyler Community College President Marshall W. Smith ...
926 students | 10.9 mi. away
1599 students | 12.9 mi. away
299 students | 13.0 mi. away
605 students | 14.4 mi. away
12545 students | 20.4 mi. away