- San jacinto college-South Campus serves - students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- San jacinto college-South Campus is one of 24 community colleges within Harris County, TX.
- The nearest community college is Alvin Community College (13.0 miles away).
San jacinto college-South Campus
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
- In May 1960, voters in the Channelview, Deer Park, Galena Park, La Porte, and Pasadena school districts approved the creation of East Harris County Union Junior College, elected seven members to serve on the Board of Regents and authorized the Board of Regents to levy a tax for the College operations and maintenance. On February 16, 1961, the Board of Regents changed the name of the district to The San Jacinto Junior College District. Using renovated buildings in Pasadena, the college welcomed 876 students to its first classes in September 1961. The San Jacinto Junior College District was approved and accredited by the Texas Department of Education when the college opened. The college was granted full membership in the Association of Texas Colleges and Universities on April 6, 1963. On November 4, 1968, Sheldon Independent School District was voted part of the College district.
- San Jacinto College, a natonally recognized public community college in Harris County, Texas, has three campuses and seven extension centers serving a population of more than 588,000 residents in suburban Houston communities. SJC offers over 140 degrees and certificates to more than 24,000 credit and 25,000 non-credit students.
- Now in its 46th session, San Jacinto College, a public community college in Harris County, Texas, serves a district defined by the combined areas of these independent school districts: Channelview, Deer Park, Galena Park, La Porte, Pasadena, and Sheldon.
- San Jacinto College awards associate degrees, professional certificates and continuing education units under accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
5730 students | 13.0 mi. away
55596 students | 15.5 mi. away
1601 students | 19.9 mi. away
762 students | 23.0 mi. away