- Lone Star College System serves 54,404 students (35% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body.
- Lone Star College System is the only community colleges within Montgomery County, TX.
- The nearest community college is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (15.3 miles away).
Lone Star College System
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|1,733 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||54,404 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||18,923 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||35,481 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The idea of a college campus in the North Houston region was once only a vision in the minds of community leaders. It began the journey to reality in 1972 when residents in the Aldine, Humble and Spring Independent School Districts elected to create a junior college district, which became known as North Harris County College. We opened our doors in the fall of 1973 and our 16-member staff welcomed 613 students to the first classes held at Aldine High School.
- NHMCCD is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in Texas. Over 41,000 students register for credit courses each semester with an additional 15,000 in continuing education courses. The college district serves an area over 1,400 square miles, encompassing the school districts of Aldine, Conroe, Cypress-Fairbanks, Humble, Klein, Magnolia, New Caney, Splendora, Spring, Tomball Willis, and the surrounding communities.
- NHMCCD comprises North Harris College, Kingwood College, Tomball College, Montgomery College, and Cy-Fair College as well as satellite centers - Carver, Parkway, Career and Technology Center, East Montgomery County Improvement District, Fairbanks, Willow Chase and the Center for Business & Technology Training. The University Center, a partnership with NHMCCD and six Texas universities, provides over 60 bachelor's, master's, and doctorate programs.
- NHMCCD offers Honors Program, Service Learning, Learning Communities and Distance Learning programs.
Related School Videos:
Lone Star College System Students at DREAM 2012
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Lone Star College System wins 8th financial reporting award for excellence - The Paper Magazine
posted on December 20, 2012 at 12:21:37 pm
Lone Star College System wins 8th financial reporting award for excellenceThe Paper MagazineHOUSTON, TX (Dec 19, 2012) ? Lone Star College System has again been awarded ...
- Lone Star College signs workforce training partnership with Brazil
posted on March 30, 2012 at 08:13:00 am
Lone Star College System signed two memorandums of understanding with two Brazilian educational systems to exchange faculty and students for new oil and gas industry training programs. According to a statement from the Houston college, one partnership is ...
- LSCS removes 8 trees outside Woodlands building
posted on July 12, 2011 at 10:47:12 pm
The Lone Star College System removed eight cypress trees from the property of the Houston Advanced ...
150 students | 15.3 mi. away
1103 students | 15.4 mi. away
3000 students | 15.7 mi. away
675 students | 20.2 mi. away