- Eastfield College serves 12,806 students (26% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 53:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Eastfield College is one of 21 community colleges within Dallas County, TX.
- The nearest community college is Dallas Institute of Funeral Service (3.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|241 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,806 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:53||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,348 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,458 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Eastfield College has been serving the Mesquite, Garland and East Dallas community since 1970. Eastfield College works to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Eastfield is part of the Dallas County Community College District.
- Sometimes known as the ï¿½Educational Villageï¿½ because of its unique architecture, it is located on 244 acres at the intersection of Interstate 30 and Motley Drive in Mesquite. Eastfield began operation in 1970 and has continually strived to assess the educational and cultural needs of students and the community in order to provide the finest in educational services.
- The Eastfield campus rises impressively from the plains of eastern Dallas County. Functional building clusters give students easy access to classrooms and labs and the overall aesthetic effect has earned Eastfield several architectural awards of excellence. The careful landscape planning includes terraced areas throughout the campus, a heated outdoor exercise pool, gymnasium, baseball field, jogging trail and tennis courts. In addition, the campus boasts an outstanding Performance Hall which serves the college and community for a variety of fine arts events.
- Eastfield College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Eastfield College Green Acres Spoof 2012
1 month ago
Shoboy and Mega 107.5 visit Eastfield College
6 months ago
Eastfield College Choir Solo - Give Me Jesus
7 months ago
Related School News:
- Jacqueline Flores - Sioux City Journal
posted on February 10, 2013 at 06:23:40 am
Jacqueline FloresSioux City JournalShe graduated from Winnebago High School in 1962, and later attended Eastfield College in Mesquite, Texas. ...
- The Playbook - Mesquitenews
posted on January 31, 2013 at 07:23:52 am
The PlaybookMesquitenewsFigueroa was scheduled to fight in June at UFC on FX 4 against Ken Stone before getting injured. Eastfield basketball ...
- Editorial: The first pitches of election season - Dallas Morning News
posted on January 30, 2013 at 04:05:40 am
Dallas Morning NewsEditorial: The first pitches of election seasonDallas Morning NewsAlmost 25 percent of households live below the poverty level. But it also has a ...
188 students | 3.2 mi. away
10383 students | 8.9 mi. away
910 students | 12.1 mi. away
12815 students | 13.1 mi. away
6258 students | 14.5 mi. away