- El Camino Community College District serves 25,739 students (31% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 52:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body.
- El Camino Community College District is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Brooks College (Long Beach) (12.9 miles away).
El Camino Community College District
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|499 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||25,739 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:52||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,052 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17,687 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1947, El Camino College is situated on a beautiful and spacious 126-acre campus near Torrance, California. The college enrolls more than 25,000 students each semester and boasts a curriculum of over 850 highly regarded academic and career programs taught by exceptional faculty.
- Today, El Camino College students enjoy a broad curriculum featuring nearly 2,500 different classes offered in some 850 different programs. With more courses available during a variety of class times, including online and telecourses, students have wide flexibility in individual scheduling. The college confers the associate degree each spring on some 1,400 students who have completed their 60 semester units and who have satisfied their major field of study obligations. Many students each year also qualify for certificates of completion, signifying course requirements have been met in major skill areas.
- Located centrally in the South Bay, the El Camino College District encompasses five unified and high school districts, twelve elementary school districts and nine cities, a population of almost one million. The El Camino Community College District includes the cities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne, Lennox and Inglewood.
- El Camino College has been proud to serve our community's educational and cultural needs through outstanding course offerings, diverse entertainment venues, and exceptional athletic and fitness opportunities.
28 students | 12.9 mi. away
21610 students | 13.1 mi. away
188 students | 14.5 mi. away