- Diablo Valley College serves 20,832 students (34% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 49:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body.
- Diablo Valley College is one of 7 community colleges within Contra Costa County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Contra Costa College (14.7 miles away).
Diablo Valley College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|427 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,832 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:49||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||7,000 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,832 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Diablo Valley College is one of three publicly supported two-year community colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District. The main campus is located off Interstate 680 in Pleasant Hill, California and twenty miles east of UC Berkeley. A new San Ramon Valley Campus in Dougherty Valley is currently under construction and is scheduled to open its doors to students in January of 2007. DVC also has a center in downtown Walnut Creek.
- DVC has developed into one of California's most successful transfer institutions, sending nearly 2,000 students each year to highly-rated colleges and universities. At the same time, DVC has created an array of excellent occupational programs, which prepare students for direct entry into the workforce.
- Diablo Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commissions for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The college operates under a semester calendar.
- The Career and Employment Services Center is located in the Technical Education building and offers students a spacious environment with the latest materials and technology. This area houses the CalWORKs Program, Career Development Services, Job Placement Services, Volunteer Services, and Workability III.
Related School Videos:
Diablo Valley College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- 2009 slaying of 18-year-old Richmond man continues to baffle police - Contra Costa Times
posted on May 27, 2013 at 07:08:07 am
2009 slaying of 18-year-old Richmond man continues to baffle policeContra Costa TimesHe was also well on his way in life, taking classes at Diablo Valley College and ...
- Deer Valley Baseball team are champs despite roller coaster season - Antioch Herald
posted on May 24, 2013 at 02:44:59 pm
Deer Valley Baseball team are champs despite roller coaster seasonAntioch HeraldThis is the first year for Dan Peters as Deer Valley's head coach, and only the second in school ...
- Student UNICEF clubs sponsor Berkeley concert to raise funds for drinking ... - Contra Costa Times
posted on May 22, 2013 at 11:15:10 pm
Student UNICEF clubs sponsor Berkeley concert to raise funds for drinking ...Contra Costa TimesThe Pinole Valley club is joining with the Albany High, Hercules High and Diablo Valley ...
7651 students | 14.7 mi. away
6503 students | 17.3 mi. away
1541 students | 21.7 mi. away
14143 students | 22.8 mi. away
832 students | 23.0 mi. away