- College of the Desert serves 10,107 students (40% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body.
- College of the Desert is one of 8 community colleges within Riverside County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Kaplan College-Palm Springs (7.7 miles away).
College of the Desert
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|238 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,107 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:42||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,090 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,017 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- College of the Desert offers two types of academic tracks; (1) lower division transfer courses required for most majors and professions at four-year universities or colleges and, (2) a wide variety of curricular offerings designed to meet the needs of those preparing for immediate employment, for those who are currently employed and need to upgrade their skills, or for those who are interested in a job retraining program and personal development.
- The Center for Training and Development provides a variety of unique programs and services designed to assist in the growth and stability of both area businesses and the College itself.
- The Walter N. Marks Center for the Arts is a nonprofit cultural and educational facility located on College of the Desert's campus. Committed to educational excellence, The Marks Center provides a venue for artistic exploration, experimentation and research. Traditional formats of painting, drawing, sculpture ceramics, photography and printmaking are complemented by contemporary applications in papermaking, book arts, performance and installation arts.
- College of the Desert is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
RCC Football vs. College of the Desert
2 years ago
My School's Urban Garden!
1 day ago
Related School News:
- College of the Desert golfers finish 2nd to Orange Coast - The Desert Sun
posted on February 12, 2013 at 08:27:21 am
College of the Desert golfers finish 2nd to Orange CoastThe Desert SunIn earlier action last week, COD split two matches with El Camino, winning the first ...
- College of the Desert students meet benefactors at mixer - The Desert Sun
posted on February 12, 2013 at 08:11:41 am
College of the Desert students meet benefactors at mixerThe Desert SunDiane McMahon, left, representing the Celeste Kawehelani Streutker Scholarship, met the ...
- Arts & Entertainment calendar for week of Tuesday, Feb. 12 - The Desert Sun
posted on February 12, 2013 at 05:56:53 am
Arts & Entertainment calendar for week of Tuesday, Feb. 12The Desert SunSaturday: Friends of College of the Desert Library author luncheon with Heidi Durrow, 11:30 ...