- Florence-Darlington Technical College serves 5,812 students (55% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Florence-Darlington Technical College is the only community colleges within Florence County, SC.
Florence-Darlington Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|153 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,812 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:38||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,180 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,632 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||5133.00 (Full-time,|
- The Florence-Darlington Technical Education Center was established in 1963 and presently serves Florence, Darlington, and Marion counties. The College's initial enrollment of 250 students now exceeds 5,000 curriculum students. Its original campus of less than 10 acres has expanded to nearly 240 acres with a modern complex of eight major buildings totaling nearly 350,000 square feet.
- The College is in the midst of planning and developing another 325,000 square feet of instructional space entirely devoted to the advanced technology required in today's sophisticated manufacturing environment. The College operates sites in Hartsville, Lake City, and Mullins. The College also operates a large health sciences complex in downtown Florence entirely devoted to careers in the health arena.
- Florence-Darlington's main campus is located between the cities of Florence and Darlington on U.S. Hwy. 52 and in close proximity to Interstates 95 and 20. The 100-acre campus has eight major buildings. However, plans are in place for the construction of eight technical institutes on a recently purchased 146-acre tract behind the current campus.
- FDTC continues to offer affordable, quality education in more than 60 fields of study. Acknowledged as the fastest growing institution of higher education in South Carolina during the late 1990s, FDTC's curriculum enrollment is now approaching 5,500 students and its Continuing Education Division enjoys about 30,000 registrations annually.
- The primary accreditor of Florence-Darlington Technical College is the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Florence-Darlington Technical College Promotion
4 months ago
2012 FDTC Christmas Card
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Girl Scouts awards honor community involvement - SCNow
posted on March 8, 2013 at 02:45:25 am
Girl Scouts awards honor community involvementSCNow... from South Carolina were recognized for their involvement in their communities during the Mary ...
- Heavy attendance at FDTC job fair - SCNow
posted on March 7, 2013 at 12:40:14 am
Heavy attendance at FDTC job fairSCNowMary Beth Harlee, director of social work for Florence and Kingstree sites at Limestone College, gives an ...
- Florence-Darlington Technical College holds annual Spring Job Fair - SCNow
posted on March 6, 2013 at 02:07:21 pm
Florence-Darlington Technical College holds annual Spring Job FairSCNowFLORENCE, S.C. -- Florence-Darlington Technical College's Office of Job Placement is ...