- Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science Inc serves 203 students (50% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science Inc is one of 21 community colleges within Allegheny County, PA.
- The nearest community college is The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh (3.9 miles away).
Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science Inc
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|8 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||203 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:25||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||102 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||101 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
- P.I.M.S. continues to provide thorough training in the mortuary arts and sciences. This training includes a theoretical understanding as well as personalized practical instruction by licensed funeral directors and embalmers. The school not only utilizes the facilities in its own building but also works in cooperation with the Allegheny County Coroner's Office to enhance the student's exposure to a wide range of applied experiences.
- The Institute strives to provide relevant information on all topics surrounding the death care industry thereby allowing both students and licensees to make informed choices within their chosen profession. In addition to this, an attempt is made to instill a sense of social consciousness which stresses the growing responsibilities and obligations of the funeral service professional. Ultimately, the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science aspires to provide its graduates with the resources and the confidence to represent funeral services as a professional caregiver providing a valuable contribution to the community.
- The Diploma Program (Embalming & Funeral Directing), Associate in Specialized Business Degree Program (Funeral Service Management), and the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree Program (Funeral Service Arts & Sciences) at Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science are accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
7856 students | 3.9 mi. away
563 students | 4.3 mi. away
21228 students | 4.7 mi. away
97 students | 11.4 mi. away
2974 students | 24.1 mi. away