- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics serves 248 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body.
- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is one of 21 community colleges within Allegheny County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Bradford School (Pittsburgh) (7.0 miles away).
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|32 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||248 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:8||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||248 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In 1995 PIA expanded its training to meet other needs in the transportation industry with the addition of its Truck Driving Program. As skilled commercial drivers are always in demand, this course of study provides a much-needed training program in several locations in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. In 2003 PIA again expanded its course offerings to include Heavy Equipment Operation, Corporate Training, and Computer Based Training for youth and adults.
- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics is located eight miles south and east of the city of Pittsburgh with its campus buildings on Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA. PIA's airport location provides an ideal atmosphere for aviation training and access to the airport runways so that the airplanes that are worked on in PIA's shops can fly to the school's facilities.
- The total area of school facilities is more than 120,000 square feet. In addition to classrooms and laboratory areas, the campus houses a bookstore, libraries, and printing department.
- Programs Offered includes Aviation Maintanence Technology (AMT), Aviation Electronics Technology (AET), Electronics Systems Technology (EST), Mechanical Systems Technology (MST), Commercial Drivers License Training (CDL), Heavy Equipment Operator (HEQ) and Rotorcraft Systems & Maintenance (RSM).
- The institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
Related School Videos:
WQED OnQ - Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics
3 years ago
Aviation Maintenance Specialty Program
1 year ago.
Evelyn In Memorium
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Port authority votes to cover earlier glitch - Youngstown Vindicator
posted on December 20, 2012 at 05:31:04 am
Port authority votes to cover earlier glitchYoungstown VindicatorAmong them were new lease agreements with two of the hangar tenants at the Youngstown-Warren ...
- Northrop Rice Foundation Carries on the Legend of John K Northrop in the Field ... - The Leading Aviation Industry Resource for News, Equipment and
posted on December 11, 2012 at 05:03:09 pm
Northrop Rice Foundation Carries on the Legend of John K Northrop in the Field ...The Leading Aviation Industry Resource for News, Equipment andIvan Livi, longtime head of Pittsburgh Institute of ...
- Plane, Trains and Automobiles.... Well, Maybe Just Planes and Automobiles
posted on July 23, 2011 at 07:27:04 am
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics will be hold it annual car cruise and open house. ...
563 students | 7.0 mi. away
7856 students | 7.1 mi. away
21228 students | 8.5 mi. away
97 students | 17.1 mi. away