- Community College of Philadelphia serves 19,483 students (32% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Community College of Philadelphia is one of 13 community colleges within Philadelphia County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Gloucester County College (12.8 miles away).
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|670 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,483 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:29||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||6,211 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,272 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||128 per credit (in-c|
- Founded in 1964, the College opened for classes in 1965 in a former department store at 34 S. 11th Street while a permanent campus was being sought. In 1971 the College acquired from the federal government the building at 1700 Spring Garden Street that had housed the third Philadelphia Mint and eventually would become the centerpiece of its permanent campus.
- Community College of Philadelphia is the only public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
- The college offers over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
- The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Related School Videos:
Community College of Philadelphia Holiday
4 months ago
Community College of Philadelphia TV Ad
6 months ago
Related School News:
- Activists March 150 Miles to Protest Against Corporate Lobby - Kansas City infoZine
posted on May 27, 2013 at 02:26:02 pm
Activists March 150 Miles to Protest Against Corporate LobbyKansas City infoZineLuciano Flores, 19, a student at the Community College of Philadelphia, marched with ...
- Ferrer finds pathway to success beyond North Philadelphia - Temple University News
posted on May 14, 2013 at 04:09:23 am
Ferrer finds pathway to success beyond North PhiladelphiaTemple University NewsWhile pursuing an associates degree at Community College of Philadelphia, Ferrer ...
- Philadelphia colleges, grads focus on STEM - GIMBY (blog)
posted on May 10, 2013 at 02:23:58 pm
GIMBY (blog)Philadelphia colleges, grads focus on STEMGIMBY (blog)At the Community College of Philadelphia, more than 740 students, or 38 percent of this year's ...