- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg serves 22,862 students (39% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body.
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg is one of 5 community colleges within Dauphin County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Keystone Technical Institute (4.2 miles away).
Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|669 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,862 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,887 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,975 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Established February 14, 1964, as the first community college in Pennsylvania, HACC welcomed its first class of 426 students on September 21 of the same year. HACC has become one of the largest undergraduate colleges in Pennsylvania, with nearly 11,000 students enrolling in credit programs and courses each semester.
- A multi-campus college, Harrisburg Area Community College offers programs and courses at four campuses and one Center: the $64 million, 215-acre Harrisburg Campus in Harrisburg, the Lancaster Campus, the Lebanon Campus , Gettysburg Campus, and the York Center. Courses are also offered at additional locations throughout southcentral Pennsylvania includeing online. The Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York locations are linked through compressed video classrooms which allow students on all four campuses to participate in the same class.
- The college offers Career programs, Certificate programs, Diploma programs and Transfer Programs. The College awards Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees, Certificates of Proficiency, and Diplomas. Most programs are offered at the Harrisburg Campus, and many are available at the campuses in Lancaster, Lebanon and Gettysburg.
- The College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Pennsylvania Department of Education has authorized the College to award the Associate's degree, with specific programs receiving national accreditation.
307 students | 4.2 mi. away
32 students | 9.2 mi. away
154 students | 22.0 mi. away
730 students | 23.7 mi. away
1807 students | 23.7 mi. away