- Portland Community College serves 32,456 students (41% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body.
- Portland Community College is one of 7 community colleges within Multnomah County, OR.
- The nearest community college is Everest College-Portland (6.2 miles away).
Portland Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|994 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||32,456 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||13,382 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19,074 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- To achieve its mission, Portland Community College offers accessible and affordable education to the residents of its 1500 square mile district and to the residents of its service districts. As a public, comprehensive, post-secondary institution, this multi-campus college offers lower division college transfer programs, occupational and technical programs, basic skill education, and community education programs. Partnerships with business, industry, labor, educational institutions, and public sector agencies provide training opportunities for the local work forces and promote economic development.
- In 1961, Portland Community College begins as the adult education program of Portland Public Schools. In 1971 the name was changed to the Portland Community College District. New facilities at Cascade and Rock Creek campuses are completed in 1996, as well as workforce training centers in central Portland and Beaverton. PCC opened another workforce training center in Northeast Portland in 1998.
- PCC offers nearly 60 career fields, plus our university transfer programs. These lead to an associate's degree and will take full-time students two years to complete.
- Portland Community College has three comprehensive campuses that are large, full-service facilities, offering university transfer courses, professional-technical career training, libraries, bookstores, and student services. These are Cascade Campus, Rock Creek Campus and Sylvania Campus
- Portland Community College is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Colleges. Many programs within the college have accreditation from professional associations.
Related School Videos:
Nyla Khan at Portland Community College
8 months ago
Related School News:
- PSU, PCC to sign degree transfer agreement
posted on November 14, 2012 at 07:01:00 pm
The president's of Portland State University and Portland Community College on Thursday will sign a reverse transfer agreement aimed at enhancing the job prospects of graduates. The agreement will allow the schools to award associate's degrees to PCC ...
- PCC starts Southeast Portland campus extension
posted on October 31, 2012 at 05:04:00 pm
Portland Community College broke ground Tuesday on the first building of a two-building project to double its Southeast Center and turn the campus into a full-service school. The $39 million project will add a student commons and a library at the campus. ...
- PCC begins hunt for new district president
posted on September 21, 2012 at 02:34:00 pm
The board of Portland Community College has begun a national search for the school's next president. Current President Preston Pulliams will retire in July 2013. Pulliams is credited with raising the school's performance and reputation. Since he took ...
785 students | 6.2 mi. away
1982 students | 8.3 mi. away
7804 students | 10.7 mi. away
12749 students | 14.2 mi. away
10264 students | 17.0 mi. away