- Tulsa Welding School serves 1,049 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body.
- Tulsa Welding School is one of 10 community colleges within Tulsa County, OK.
Tulsa Welding School
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|28 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,049 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,049 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||10%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
- TWS was founded in 1949 by two pipeline welders who recognized the strong demand for pipeline welders. Over more than 50 years, TWS has evolved into an educational institution that prepares students for welding and inspection careers in a multitude of welding specialties and applications.
- TWS in Tulsa started its Associate degree program in welding technology effective February 1998. The Master Welder program prepares a graduate for entry level positions in structural, pipe, thin alloy, and pipeline welding. Key welding processes include SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, and high frequency GTAW. The program contains ten training phases of three weeks each. Structural Welder contains five of the Master Welder phases. This program prepares a graduate to weld on structures (plate surfaces) using the welding processes of SMAW, GMAW and FCAW. Associate of Occupational Studies in Welding Technology degree consists of the Master Welder program for the first-seven months.
- The new TWS branch campus in Jacksonville, Florida opened November 2001 to provide welder training. Programs in welding match those in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
Related School Videos:
Tulsa Welding School call back
6 months ago
Zenobia Rose Tulsa Welding School Commercial
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Returning soldiers struggle to find jobs - kjrh.com
posted on December 1, 2012 at 10:48:27 pm
kjrh.comReturning soldiers struggle to find jobskjrh.comTwenty businesses and organizations participated. They include: Solavei, Tulsa Community College, ...
- Art of the weld
posted on June 8, 2011 at 09:48:20 am
The North Platte Telegraph You don't find welding equipment in most art supply stores, but for Mitch Murphy, welding is an art form. Murphy and classmate Landon Hunt, both seniors at North Platte ...
- Welders show off their skills, compete for scholarship
posted on March 6, 2011 at 05:27:37 am
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Tulsa Welding school had their ...