- Coastline Community College serves 8,985 students (9% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 68:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body.
- Coastline Community College is one of 19 community colleges within Orange County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Cypress College (9.7 miles away).
Coastline Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|133 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,985 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:68||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||770 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,215 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Coastline Community College has an international reputation as one of the nation's most innovative institutions. Founded in 1976, Coastline continues to deliver education through technology and a comprehensive curriculum.
- Unlike other colleges, Coastline does not have a traditional campus. Instead, instruction is offered in nine different cities within the college service area, at approximately 50 sites close to students' homes and workplaces. These teaching sites include banks, senior centers, high schools, office buildings, shopping malls, and many other facilities. In addition to these sites, the College has main area learning centers based in Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, and Westminster. In 1997, the College opened a new center in Garden Grove which features the latest in technology, specialized labs, and large lecture facilities.
- The mission of the Coastline Community College Foundation is to support students through scholarships, endowment and other financial programs to expand the capacity to meet the diverse needs of Coastline students and the community.
- The general education program at Coastline Community College is designed to help students develop the knowledge and skills that will contribute to their intellectual, personal, and professional growth.
- Coastline is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Related School Videos:
Coastline Community College Package
6 months ago
Coastline Community College Newport Beach
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- 72nd Assembly District Democratic Party group invites public to Flag Day ... - Orange County Breeze
posted on June 4, 2013 at 07:59:15 pm
Orange County Breeze72nd Assembly District Democratic Party group invites public to Flag Day ...Orange County BreezeThe Dr. Consuelo Nieto Award for Patriotic Activism will be presented to Dr. ...
- US Ambassador to Vietnam addresses Westminster town hall - OCRegister (subscription)
posted on June 1, 2013 at 10:27:37 pm
US Ambassador to Vietnam addresses Westminster town hallOCRegister (subscription)Lowenthal hosted a town hall meeting at Coastline Community College's Le-Jao ...
- Veterans slowly finding jobs - Stars and Stripes
posted on May 4, 2013 at 03:41:13 pm
Veterans slowly finding jobsStars and Stripes"I hear employers say we want to hire veterans," said Velvet Miscione, counselor for military programs at Coastline ...
16443 students | 9.7 mi. away
28 students | 12.6 mi. away
21610 students | 15.1 mi. away
7628 students | 19.4 mi. away
310 students | 19.5 mi. away