- City College of San Francisco serves 33,902 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body.
- City College of San Francisco is one of 4 community colleges within San Francisco County, CA.
- The nearest community college is California Culinary Academy (3.9 miles away).
City College of San Francisco
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|1,145 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||33,902 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||11,123 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22,779 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- City College of San Francisco (CCSF) offers courses in more than 50 academic programs and over 100 occupational disciplines. There is a full range of credit courses leading to the Associate of Arts and Science degrees, most of which meet the general education requirements of four-year colleges and universities. Occupational courses and programs prepare students for immediate employment. Free noncredit courses such as English as a Second Language and Citizenship, as well as classes designed for Older Adults, are also available. Competitively priced, short-term community service courses meet the training needs of business, industry and government, and personal enrichment of community members.
- City College has seen many of its students go on to successful careers in a variety of high profile fields, including theater, journalism, science, and professional sports. With its history of innovative curriculum, awards for an excellence, and an impressive roster of loyal alumni, City College continues to make good on its promise.
- Learning Assistance Center programs provide students with academic support services. The Learning Assistance Center offers a variety of services including tutoring, study groups and workshops. Our labs include a reading lab, a writing lab and three computer labs. We offer college success courses, career success courses and a tutor training course.
- Online courses provide students an opportunity to learn in an environment that is physically remote from professors and fellow students, but often at the same time surprisingly close and personal. These courses will open the classroom to a world of dynamic, diverse content. However, you also should understand that online courses are not for everyone. To succeed, you have to be self-motivated, possess good study skills, and be an independent learner. Most students find that online courses are as challenging as on-campus courses.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- City College of San Francisco and Public Education Under Attack - Truth-Out
posted on March 29, 2013 at 02:32:53 pm
City College of San Francisco and Public Education Under AttackTruth-OutHundreds of students, faculty, and community supporters of the City College of San ...
- San Francisco City College fuels college accreditation controversy - EdSource Today
posted on March 26, 2013 at 11:25:24 pm
EdSource TodaySan Francisco City College fuels college accreditation controversyEdSource TodayWhile City College of San Francisco prepares to receive a team of evaluators who will decide if the college keeps its accreditation and stays open, the impact of what's at stake has spread beyond the ...
- City College of San Francisco Vertical Campus Provides Gateway to the Future - PR Web (press release)
posted on March 25, 2013 at 12:06:13 pm
City College of San Francisco Vertical Campus Provides Gateway to the FuturePR Web (press release)Open, dynamic and transparent, the new City College of San Francisco ...
832 students | 3.9 mi. away
6503 students | 10.1 mi. away
7651 students | 17.7 mi. away
14143 students | 19.9 mi. away
7248 students | 21.8 mi. away