- Owens Community College serves 19,178 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body.
- Owens Community College is the only community colleges within Wood County, OH.
- The nearest community college is Mercy College Of Northwest Ohio (4.7 miles away).
Owens Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|575 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,178 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,529 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,649 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Owens Community College began as a technical institute under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Department of Education. The first classes were offered in Toledo on September 13, 1965 with less than 200 students. Two years later, in 1967, the College was chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as a technical college. In 1983, Owens Community College opened its Findlay-area campus at Cory and Davis streets. In 1994, the College was chartered as a comprehensive state community college with a district encompassing Lucas, Wood and Hancock counties, and parts of Ottawa and Sandusky counties.
- Owens continues to offer an affordable, quality education to those who are seeking an associate degree, continuing education courses and professional development. Owens Community College allows you to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree and then transfer to any four-year college or university. To enhance this process, Owens has cultivated transfer agreements with over 20 area four-year colleges and universities.
- The Owens Community College Toledo-area campus covers more than 280 acres and is located near downtown Toledo. The new 60-acre Findlay-area campus is located at 3200 Bright Road on Findlay's northeast side. Between our two campuses in Toledo and Findlay, Owens serves over 45,000 credit and non-credit students annually, yet our average class size is just 15 students.
- Owens Community College offers more than 150 program areas in Agriculture, Business, Fine and Performing Arts, Health, Public Service, Skilled Trades, Transportation and Technology Pre-Nursing, Skilled Trades and Criminal Justice are among the fastest-growing programs at Owens Community College.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Owens Community College - Wiki Article
1 month ago
Basketball Border Battle at Owens Community College
4 months ago
First Year Experience at Owens Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Castillo advances in area spelling bee - Review Times
posted on February 26, 2013 at 06:25:11 am
Castillo advances in area spelling beeReview TimesAll four winners will advance to the Blade Northwest Ohio Championship Spelling Bee on March 14 at Owens ...
- Students show off mechanic skills - Toledo Blade
posted on February 26, 2013 at 05:05:41 am
Toledo BladeStudents show off mechanic skillsToledo BladeThe two friends finally got the tractor started in their first station of five during the 20th ...
- Equality advocate Zach Wahls to speak at Owens Feb. 28 - Toledo Free Press
posted on February 26, 2013 at 03:32:34 am
Toledo Free PressEquality advocate Zach Wahls to speak at Owens Feb. 28Toledo Free PressZach Wahls, known for a viral video in which he publicly presented an argument ...
994 students | 4.7 mi. away
1080 students | 7.6 mi. away
544 students | 10.1 mi. away
4723 students | 22.3 mi. away