- Wake Technical Community College serves 17,620 students (41% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Wake Technical Community College is one of 5 community colleges within Wake County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Living Arts College (21.8 miles away).
Wake Technical Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|774 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||17,620 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:23||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||7,153 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,467 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In pursuit of its mission, this public two-year comprehensive postsecondary educational institution adheres to an open-door policy by offering quality accessible and affordable educational opportunities to all adults regardless of age, sex, socioeconomic status, ethnic origin, race, religion, or disability. To meet the needs of its community, the College focuses on providing support services, resources, community outreach, and partnerships; programs in basic skills development; vocational, technical, and occupational training; and college/university transfer preparation.
- Wake Technical Community College is a tax-supported, public nonprofit educational institution under the control of a Board of Trustees. It is an institutional member of the North Carolina Community College System, State Board of Community Colleges. Authority for the establishment of the College is found in Chapter 115D of the General Statutes of North Carolina and the amendments thereto. The College was chartered on April 3, 1958, as the Wake County Industrial Education Center. Operation actually began October 7, 1963, with 34 curriculum students on campus and 270 enrolled in the various industrial training programs.
- The College offers credit programs leading to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates designed for immediate entry into employment, an associate degree in general education, and associate degrees designed to transfer to four-year institutions. The College also offers pre-curriculum programs for students to develop academic proficiency so that they may successfully complete curriculum courses.
- The college provides occupational career enhancement programs for individuals and support for economic development to businesses, industries, and agencies. Basic skills education, English as a Second Language and a wide variety of continuing education courses and programs for personal enrichment are offered on campus and throughout the county. The College further serves its constituents by providing a broad range of community services, partnerships, and outreach programs.
- Wake Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Community Notes: Jan. 13 - Eastern Wake News
posted on January 13, 2013 at 01:14:06 am
Community Notes: Jan. 13Eastern Wake NewsWake Technical Community College offers a National Health Career Association Certifications at the Zebulon ...
- Raleigh Beltline wrong-way driver sentenced to almost two years in prison - News & Observer
posted on January 12, 2013 at 01:01:46 am
WRAL.comRaleigh Beltline wrong-way driver sentenced to almost two years in prisonNews & ObserverCarden has cried hysterically and been very remorseful since causing the early-morning wreck that claimed the life of ...
- SAS® Retail Analytics a good fit for global logistics students at North ... - WebWire (press release)
posted on January 9, 2013 at 02:55:01 pm
SAS® Retail Analytics a good fit for global logistics students at North ...WebWire (press release)CARY, NC ? Graduates of Wake Technical Community College's Global Logistics ...