- Mitchell Community College serves 3,688 students (50% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equalto than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Mitchell Community College is the only community colleges within Iredell County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Catawba Valley Community College (22.9 miles away).
Mitchell Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|175 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,688 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:21||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,849 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,839 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Mitchell Community College is a comprehensive, open-admissions community college dedicated to meeting the post-secondary education and training needs of the citizens of Iredell County and surrounding areas. The college provides an array of high quality programs at low cost in an historically rich environment. Mitchell is a student-centered institution where all persons are encouraged to develop their abilities in a community that respects diversity and is supportive of individual achievement. Concerned with the social, civic, cultural, and economic development of the community as a whole, instructional programs are focused on meeting the educational and training needs of all persons over eighteen years of age and persons sixteen years of age and older with special needs.
- Mitchell Community College has a long and distinguished history as an educational institution. Established in 1852, it began as a Presbyterian female college. Today, it has evolved into a modern comprehensive community college.The college has also been fortunate to have a strong relationship with the community of Statesville.
- Mitchell Community College commits its resources to provide associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs to meet the pre-service and in-service work force development needs for industry, business, government, and service occupations; to provide associate degree programs for the first two years of academic courses leading to baccalaureate and professional degrees and to provide each student the opportunity to develop the skills and values necessary to succeed in college. The college also offer pre-college programs in adult basic education and literacy, as well as both short- and long-term occupational training in a large number of job-related fields through our Continuing Education Division.
- Mitchell Community College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate in arts, associate in science, associate in fine arts and associate in applied science degrees.
Related School Videos:
Mitchell Community College RockSat-C 2012
6 months ago
Related School News:
- New community center lines up tenants - Charlotte Observer
posted on December 21, 2012 at 10:00:36 pm
New community center lines up tenantsCharlotte ObserverSeveral nonprofit agencies intend to join Mitchell Community College and the Mooresville Graded ...
- Golden LEAF announces grants to area community colleges - Mountain Xpress
posted on December 17, 2012 at 11:46:28 pm
Golden LEAF announces grants to area community collegesMountain XpressMitchell Community College - $418,172 to expand training opportunities in Mechanical ...
- Mitchell Community College seeks links with Statesville businesses
posted on June 5, 2012 at 05:29:00 am
Mitchell Community College President Tim Brewer set out Monday to strengthen ties between the school and Statesville business leaders, the Statesville Record & Landmark reports. Forging partnerships with the business community is crucial to the ...