- Isothermal Community College serves 2,926 students (53% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equalto than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body.
- Isothermal Community College is the only community colleges within Rutherford County, NC.
- The nearest community college is McDowell Technical Community College (22.1 miles away).
Isothermal Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|142 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,926 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:21||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,563 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,363 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Isothermal Community College, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, is a comprehensive, two-year, public institution that serves the individuals in Rutherford and Polk Counties. The College offers individual courses and certificate, diploma and degree programs that enable students to transfer to four-year institutions or to acquire skills for new or continued employment, as well as to function effectively as citizens in our society. In addition, the College provides training for area business and industry, personal enrichment courses, remedial and developmental courses and community service activities.
- Programs of study fall into two major categories: college transfer and career preparation. The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degree Programs are designed primarily for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Programs are designed for career preparation. Some Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs are also transferable to four-year colleges and universities.
- Isothermal Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Two local artists to speak at Tryon Arts and Crafts School - Tryon Daily Bulletin
posted on May 28, 2013 at 04:05:58 am
Two local artists to speak at Tryon Arts and Crafts SchoolTryon Daily BulletinDon Blackwell, an artist and teacher at Isothermal Community College, will speak at 11 ...
- Arts Council to offer two youth summer art programs - Union Daily Times
posted on May 26, 2013 at 07:16:43 pm
Arts Council to offer two youth summer art programsUnion Daily TimesIn addition to teaching workshops in locations as varied as Isothermal Community College in ...
- ICC Polk Campus Foundation announces new scholarship for veterans - Tryon Daily Bulletin
posted on May 10, 2013 at 10:16:05 pm
ICC Polk Campus Foundation announces new scholarship for veteransTryon Daily BulletinScholarship funds may be used for any course offered at Isothermal Community College ...