- Gadsden State Community College serves 6,953 students (61% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body.
- Gadsden State Community College is the only community colleges within Etowah County, AL.
- The nearest community college is Snead State Community College (17.5 miles away).
Gadsden State Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|222 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,953 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,236 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,717 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- GSCC consists of the following campuses, centers, and instructional sites in Alabama: Wallace Drive, East Broad, and Valley Street campuses (Gadsden) and Ayers Campus (Anniston); McClellan Center; and Piedmont High School, Pell City High School, Cherokee County, Cleburne County, and St Clair Correctional Facility (IEP) instructional sites. By offering a broad spectrum of programs, GSCC provides all its students with opportunities for education, personal, and professional advancement. A wide range of academic courses prepares students to transfer successfully to four-year institutions. Technical programs equip students to master certain skills, as well as to utilize them through job entry. The College provides a wide range of support services that enable students to function in a collegiate environment and to make decisions appropriate to both their personal and their educational goals. The College has committed itself to becoming an integral part of the lives of those communities that it serves. Continued cooperation with civic, business, and industrial leaders strengthens the ties between the College and these communities. GSCC is pledged to offering quality education in both academic and technical fields to all citizens within its service area. Always receptive to the specific needs of individuals, groups, businesses, and industries, GSCC provides, through specialize courses and training, the knowledge and the techniques necessary for success in several occupational fields. In addition, classroom and on-site experiences further develop students' understanding not only of their immediate environment but also of the larger world around them. The College fosters a spirit of internationalism through cultural exchanges within the communities served.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Peyton Higgins Volleyball Highlights
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Gadsden police cracking down on speeders in residential areas - Gadsden Times
posted on January 2, 2013 at 05:38:34 pm
Gadsden police cracking down on speeders in residential areasGadsden TimesThe major traffic issues are between Gadsden State Community College and Paden Baptist ...
- Dual enrollment options increase at AHS - Anniston Star
posted on December 30, 2012 at 05:52:54 am
Dual enrollment options increase at AHSAnniston StarThe system now has four ways students can earn college credit. It offers online advanced ...
- 76-year-old Gadsden woman working toward GED - Gadsden Times
posted on December 30, 2012 at 04:38:47 am
76-year-old Gadsden woman working toward GEDGadsden TimesThe courses Hale takes are free to the public through Gadsden State Community College. They ...