- Durham Technical Community College serves 5,703 students (28% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body.
- Durham Technical Community College is the only community colleges within Durham County, NC.
Durham Technical Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|302 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,703 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:19||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,597 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,106 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Durham Technical Community College is a charter member of the North Carolina Community College System. When the North Carolina General Assembly authorized a small appropriation to establish a limited number of area schools to be known as industrial education centers in 1957, Durham already had a vigorous program in adult education through the Vocational and Adult Education Department of the Durham City Schools. A Practical Nursing program had been established in 1948; other programs included training in mechanical drafting, architectural drafting, and electronics technology. In addition, literacy skills training was offered for adults. Courses to upgrade the skills of workers were also offered in a variety of trades.
- Durham Tech offers at the main campus location on Lawson Street and Cooper Street, at the Northern Durham Center on Snow Hill Road, at the Orange County Campus Campus on College Park Road in Hillsborough, at the Orange County Skills Development Center on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, and at dozens of other locations throughout Durham and Orange counties.
- Durham Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate's degrees. The college is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges. The Dental Laboratory Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association; the Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Committee for Occupational Therapy Education; the Opticianry program is accredited by the Commission on Opticianry Accreditation; and the Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. The Pharmacy Technology program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. The Surgical Technology program holds provisional accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. The Nursing program is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) and Practical Nursing (PN) programs have been approved for accreditation by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
Related School Videos:
Durham Technical Community College PELL GRANTS
10 months ago
Durham Technical Community College Mission Possible
3 months ago
Related School News:
- CAMPUS BRIEFS - Durham Herald Sun
posted on February 11, 2013 at 09:03:01 pm
CAMPUS BRIEFSDurham Herald SunDURHAM ? Durham Technical Community College has named Valarie Evans senior vice president for student ...
- N.C. auditor: End tip-offs for community colleges
posted on November 20, 2012 at 06:25:00 pm
RALEIGH, N.C. North Carolina's top auditor says the country's third-largest community college system should stop tipping off campus administrators weeks before a record check is ...
- Durham Tech wins $100K Walmart grant
posted on July 1, 2012 at 02:50:00 pm
Durham Technical Community College has been selected as one of 15 community colleges across the country ...