- Technical Career Institutes serves 4,463 students (91% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Technical Career Institutes is one of 19 community colleges within New York County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Tri-State College Of Acupuncture (0.8 miles away).
Technical Career Institutes
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|142 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,463 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,044 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||419 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- TCI is a degree-granting college committed to educating men and women interested in careers and further academic opportunities in Electronics and Computer Technologies, Accounting, office and new Media technologies and Climate Control and Building Maintenance technologies.
- Since its founding in 1909, TCI has achieved a reputation for excellence in technological education. Under the leadership of Nobel Prize recipient and founder Guglielmo Marconi, the Marconi Institute becomes a leading center for education and development in the communications industry. In 1919 its name changes to RCA Institutes. In 1974 the College's name is changed to Technical Career Institutes.
- Today TCI serves more than 3,000 students through programs that focus on emerging technological fields. We collaborate closely with major New York City employers to develop programs that prepare students for the needs of today's business environment.
- TCI is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Technical Career Institutes - Kepler's Law
3 years ago
1991 Technical Career Institutes Commercial
3 years ago
150 students | 0.8 mi. away
9189 students | 3.7 mi. away
13424 students | 9.5 mi. away
2729 students | 14.4 mi. away
17198 students | 14.8 mi. away