- Schenectady County Community College serves 6,205 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 50:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Schenectady County Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Schenectady County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Ellis School of Nursing (1.6 miles away).
Schenectady County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|125 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,205 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:50||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,738 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,467 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Schenectady County Community College, established in 1967, is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system. The College emphasizes high quality academic programs, broad access for students, and responsiveness to the needs of the community. SCCC offers a wide range of transfer degree, career degree and certificate programs. The College has committed, accessible teaching faculty and an attractive campus, located in Schenectady along the Mohawk River - in the heart of the New York State Capital District.
- Schenectady County Community College offers the following Transfer, Career, and Certificate programs. In striving to achieve its primary mission, the College affords students the opportunity to earn Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees in college parallel or career technology programs. The College also provides students with the opportunity to earn certificates in specialized career fields or personal development activities.
- SCCC operates as a comprehensive community college under the programs and standards of the State University of New York. Sponsored by Schenectady County, the College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- New charges against man accused of fatal stabbing - Albany Times Union
posted on December 19, 2012 at 07:09:51 pm
New charges against man accused of fatal stabbingAlbany Times UnionThomas, who studied culinary arts at Schenectady County Community College, was in the ...
- SCCC receives $100k grant for Irene expenses - Spotlight News
posted on December 19, 2012 at 06:58:18 pm
SCCC receives $100k grant for Irene expensesSpotlight NewsSCHENECTADY ? Schenectady County Community College racked up more than $500,000 in ...
- Parker University Elects New Board Chairman - Dynamic Chiropractic
posted on December 19, 2012 at 04:03:03 pm
Parker University Elects New Board ChairmanDynamic ChiropracticHe has previously held positions as president of El Centro College of the Dallas County Community ...
119 students | 1.6 mi. away
844 students | 10.8 mi. away
13230 students | 15.6 mi. away
2883 students | 21.8 mi. away