- Nassau Community College serves 23,777 students (68% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body.
- Nassau Community College is one of 5 community colleges within Nassau County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Briarcliffe College (5.7 miles away).
Nassau Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|826 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||23,777 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:29||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||16,174 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,603 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Nassau Community College was created as part of the State University of New York by the Nassau County Board of Supervisors on February 9, 1959. When the College opened in a wing of the County Court House in Mineola on February 1, 1960, it had only 632 students. Enrollment increased dramatically after 1962, when classes were moved to spacious facilities at the former U.S. Air Force base at Mitchel Field.
- Nassau, the largest of SUNY's 30 community colleges, enjoys a nationwide reputation for academic excellence and ease of transferability to four-year schools. Nassau‘s faculty is one of the best in New York State, having a higher than average number of Ph.D's and one of the lowest teacher/student ratios.
- The modern campus includes a library with sophisticated audio-visual facilities and classroom/laboratory wings equipped with personal computers and state-of-the-art apparatus for instruction in more than 60 different fields of study in business, fine & performing arts, health related sciences, liberal arts & sciences, mathematics / computer processing, natural sciences, engineering technologies and social sciences.
- Expert coaching in the finest indoor and outdoor athletic facilities has made the men's and women's varsity teams at Nassau a dominant force in the National Junior College Athletic Association. Individual athletes have gone on to prominence at senior colleges and universities, as well as in professional sports and as coaches and physical education teachers.
- The College is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is authorized by the N.Y. State Board of Regents to award two-year Associate Degrees in Arts (A.A.), Science (A.S.), and Applied Science (A.A.S.).
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Balewouze karizma TV - Nassau Community College
2 months ago
CAR FIRE - Nassau Community College - 9/24/12
3 months ago
Aslam Sterling's Highlight Nassau Community College
11 months ago
Nassau Community College Faculty Speak Out
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- campus clippings - Tribune-Review
posted on December 31, 2012 at 05:03:44 am
campus clippingsTribune-ReviewSophomore Travis McKillop (Burrell) won the championship at 184 pounds at the Rose Bowl of Wrestling at Wilkes ...
- Diabate finishes time at Syracuse with stellar performance in front of ... - SU The Daily Orange (subscription)
posted on December 30, 2012 at 06:05:35 am
Diabate finishes time at Syracuse with stellar performance in front of ...SU The Daily Orange (subscription)Diabate, who transferred to SU after two seasons at Nassau Community College, ...
- Humanities series adding programs in 2013 - Durham Herald Sun
posted on December 29, 2012 at 09:44:51 pm
Humanities series adding programs in 2013Durham Herald SunFriedan's presentation will be followed by comments from Drucker, who teaches at Nassau Community ...
1605 students | 5.7 mi. away
265 students | 13.2 mi. away
870 students | 13.5 mi. away
237 students | 21.2 mi. away
625 students | 22.9 mi. away