- Island Drafting and Technical Institute serves 135 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Island Drafting and Technical Institute is one of 3 community colleges within Suffolk County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Briarcliffe College (7.0 miles away).
Island Drafting and Technical Institute
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|6 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||135 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:23||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||135 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Our aim is to graduate students well-trained and technically qualified so that they may enter their chosen field or continue their education at the baccalaureate or higher level. Island Drafting and Technical Institute has over 45 years of leadership and experience in preparing Long Islanders for careers. We have stayed abreast of the latest developments in the industry, and we have continued to provide the personal attention students need to succeed.
- IDTI also offers to industry, as well as to individual job-holders, skills training to improve on-the-job capabilities. Programs can be custom-designed for particular companies, in addition to the extensive program offerings regularly available.
- Island Drafting and Technical Institute was recently re-accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). IDTI has been accredited by the ACCSCT and by its predecessor organization, the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools, since 1967.
1605 students | 7.0 mi. away
593 students | 13.2 mi. away
654 students | 14.6 mi. away
15300 students | 18.7 mi. away