- Helene Fuld College of Nursing serves 362 students (28% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing is one of 19 community colleges within New York County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Tri-State College Of Acupuncture (5.3 miles away).
Helene Fuld College of Nursing
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|22 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||362 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:16||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||101 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||261 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing of North General Hospital (a private, not-for-profit institution located in Harlem) has been educating nurses for over fifty years. Founded in 1945, Helene Fuld has always been at the forefront of nursing education. The uniqueness of the college's mission is its career ladder approach. Recognizing nursing as a multi-level career, the college is committed to advancing experienced licensed practical nurses to the associate degree registered nurse level in an accelerated one-year full-time program. Students also have the option of attending part-time.
- The facilities include classrooms, conference rooms, administrative offices, and nursing arts and science laboratories. A well-equipped Learning Center contains books, journals, audiovisual collections, and computer-assisted learning resources. The Helene Fuld College of Nursing Writing Center houses a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art internet-ready student workstations.
- Helene Fuld is one of thirteen hospital-based schools in New York State that confers an associate degree in nursing. In 1981, it was the only hospital-based associate degree program in nursing to be accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), and, in 1988, the first school of its kind to receive full accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
Helene Fuld College of Nursing Video
1 year ago.
150 students | 5.3 mi. away
9189 students | 7.9 mi. away
17198 students | 12.9 mi. away
13424 students | 13.0 mi. away
2729 students | 14.4 mi. away