- American Academy of Dramatic Arts serves 209 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts is one of 19 community colleges within New York County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Tri-State College Of Acupuncture (1.0 miles away).
American Academy of Dramatic Arts
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|14 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||209 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:15||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||209 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts has both the location and the program to move you closer to your dream. With campuses in the hearts of both New York City and Los Angeles, the Academy offers the aspiring actor a stimulating, inspiring environment and a fertile ground for professional and personal growth. The two campuses comprise one school, sharing the same philosophy, objectives and programs.
- The Academy's New York campus is right on Madison Avenue, in a landmark building designed by acclaimed architect Stanford White. The six-story structure has classrooms, rehearsal halls, dance studios, dressing rooms, a prop department and production workshop, a costume department, a library and a student lounge. Three theatres — a 169-seat proscenium theatre, a 164-seat thrust-stage theatre and an arena-style theater seating 103 — are used for classes and rehearsals as well as full productions.
- The Academy stresses practical, professional training for stage, film and television. The program is highly structured, focusing on acting, voice and speech, and movement, with an emphasis on self-discipline, self-discovery and, above all, individuality. At each stage of development, students' classroom knowledge is tested through onstage performances.
Related School Videos:
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF DRAMATIC ARTS 1979
6 months ago
Related School News:
- Review: Proof (Menier Chocolate Factory) - So So Gay
posted on March 28, 2013 at 05:03:24 am
So So GayReview: Proof (Menier Chocolate Factory)So So GayTrying to be an Actor, after training at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. ...
- Centenary Stage Company Women Playwrights series kicks off in Hackettstown - Warren Reporter
posted on March 26, 2013 at 09:51:59 pm
Centenary Stage Company Women Playwrights series kicks off in HackettstownWarren ReporterWhile in New York, Schmidt was member of the Associate Faculty at the American ...
- Judy B. Brown, master puppeteer, dies at 72 - Washington Post
posted on March 25, 2013 at 10:31:28 pm
Judy B. Brown, master puppeteer, dies at 72Washington PostMrs. Barry pursued acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York and serendipitously ...
150 students | 1.0 mi. away
9189 students | 4.2 mi. away
13424 students | 10.0 mi. away
2729 students | 15.0 mi. away
17198 students | 15.3 mi. away