- The Art Institutes International Minnesota serves 1,974 students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- The Art Institutes International Minnesota is one of 16 community colleges within Hennepin County, MN.
- The nearest community college is Academy College (7.9 miles away).
The Art Institutes International Minnesota
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||1,974 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||232||254|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||91%|
- Conveniently located in downtown Minneapolis, The Art Institutes International Minnesota helps prepare students for careers in the visual and practical arts. The Art Institutes International Minnesota was founded in 1964 by Petrena Lowthian, who came from London to establish what was to become Lowthian College. The school offered post-secondary educational programs of study. In 1981, the institution was authorized to award the Associate of Applied Science degree and in 2000, the institution was granted approval to award the Bachelor of Science degree.
- Graduates are trained for entry-level positions in their chosen fields through curricula that emphasize actual job skills needed in the field. Courses are taught by faculty, many of whom are or have been working professionals in an environment that encourages free expression, leadership, and responsible decision making.
- The Art Institutes International Minnesota (Ai Minnesota) includes over 100,000 square feet at our location at Minneapolis. In addition to classrooms, studios, laboratories, offices, student lounges, a learning resource center, and an exhibition gallery, The Art Institutes International Minnesota maintains an art supply store for the convenience of students. Equipment provided at The Art Institutes International Minnesota is specific to the program of study and includes computers, workstations, printers, software, photo, video, and audio equipment.
- Faculty and staff of The Art Institutes International Minnesota believe in the worth and potential of each student and strive to provide quality programs and services that foster development of that worth and potential.
- Our students are creative, competitive, and open to new ideas. They place great value on an education that prepares them for a challenging career and a lifetime of personal and professional opportunity. Relating to students at a personal level is emphasized. A qualified staff of financial planners, employment assistance advisors, and counselors is committed to providing students with the individualized services they require in order to complete their programs successfully. Each student has an academic advisor who helps devise career strategies and choose courses consistent with career goals.
Related School Videos:
Bauhaus: A History and its Legacy
10 months ago
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Owatonna resident earns degree from The Arts Institutes International Minnesota - Southernminn.com
posted on December 27, 2012 at 08:02:28 pm
Owatonna resident earns degree from The Arts Institutes International MinnesotaSouthernminn.comThe Art Institutes International Minnesota is a regional leader in design, media ...
- Waconia Patriot > Schools
posted on January 6, 2011 at 03:20:36 pm
Amanda Clemensen of Mayer and Andrea Marshall of Waconia have been placed on the PresidentÕs List and HonorÕs List, respectively, for work in fashion and retail ...
- Local Photography Student Nominated for International Recognition
posted on January 11, 2010 at 12:00:00 am
Scott Palmer, a Gowrie, Iowa resident and Photography student earning his BFA from The Art Institutes International Minnesota later this month, was recently nominated ...
228 students | 7.9 mi. away
9424 students | 14.2 mi. away
1407 students | 16.4 mi. away
2275 students | 18.0 mi. away
3154 students | 19.2 mi. away