- Anoka-Ramsey Community College serves 9,424 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 49:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College is one of 3 community colleges within Anoka County, MN.
- The nearest community college is Anoka Technical College (4.5 miles away).
Anoka-Ramsey Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|191 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,424 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:49||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,145 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,279 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) is a multi-campus institution and a member institution of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. The Coon Rapids Campus is located on the banks of the Mississippi River twenty miles north of downtown Minneapolis. The Cambridge Campus is located on west Highway 95 on the Rum River in Cambridge.
- Beginning in 1965 with 600 students in a wing of Centennial High School in Circle Pines, Anoka-Ramsey Community College has grown considerably. In 1967 the college moved to the current Coon Rapids Campus of approximately 103 acres. The Cambridge Campus opened in 1978 and has shown consistent growth in enrollment and facilities. In addition, students may complete many ARCC college courses at convenient off-site locations throughout the neighboring communities. During the 2003-2004 academic year, 9,798 students completed credit classes at the college.
- Annually, the college serves over 9,000 learners of all ages as they pursue associate degrees that transfer as the first two years of a bachelor's degree, or certificate programs that lead immediately to rewarding careers. Anoka-Ramsey Community College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
- The college also focuses on providing professional development and continuing education programs for working adults. Over 7,000 students enroll in these courses each year.
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Registered Nurse, AS program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The Physical Therapist Assistant, AAS program is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association. ARCC is governed by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Rapid Responders stage pre-Plunge fund-raisers - Coon Rapids Herald
posted on January 12, 2013 at 01:09:27 pm
Rapid Responders stage pre-Plunge fund-raisersCoon Rapids HeraldAnd so, Beedle's Rapid Responders will take on the Coon Rapids Middle School plunge team in ...
- AHS group offers place for girls to talk, seek advice - Coon Rapids Herald
posted on January 11, 2013 at 01:06:46 pm
AHS group offers place for girls to talk, seek adviceCoon Rapids HeraldCurrently working full time, Moore is saving money to study nursing at Anoka-Ramsey ...
- ARCC to celebrate grand opening of renovated music building - Coon Rapids Herald
posted on January 10, 2013 at 01:18:52 pm
ARCC to celebrate grand opening of renovated music buildingCoon Rapids HeraldAnoka-Ramsey Community College will celebrate the grand opening of its renovated music ...