- Wayne County Community College District serves 21,198 students (31% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 54:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body.
- Wayne County Community College District is one of 6 community colleges within Wayne County, MI.
- The nearest community college is Henry Ford Community College (9.2 miles away).
Wayne County Community College District
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|392 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||21,198 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:54||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||6,621 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14,577 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Wayne County Community College District has completed 35 years of uninterrupted operation and development of comprehensive educational services. Both directly and indirectly, our students and the 2.3 million people living within the College's service district have enjoyed the benefits of constantly improved instructional programs and community services.
- The Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) is a multi-campus multi-cultural institution seeking to improve the quality of life in our communities. WCCCD provides affordable higher education and flexible training opportunities through a diverse catalog of courses, programs, and initiatives.
- The College's five campuses are located in industrial, rural and metropolitan areas where a major share of Michigan's technical and skilled occupations is located. Because of the diversity of its service areas, WCCCD places a strong emphasis on occupational and career programs, and traditional college and university transfer programs, including those within the liberal arts discipline.
- For many of our students the college offers an opportunity to transfer to four Ė year colleges or universities to obtain advanced degrees. Others pursue self-enrichment through a wide variety of non-credit workshops, from personal financial planning and property management to basic and intermediate computer skill training, through the college's Community Education Department.
- Wayne County Community College District has received a 10-year accreditation at the associate's degree levels by the Commission on Institutions Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- WCCCD Commencement - detroitlions.com
posted on May 15, 2013 at 07:29:12 pm
WCCCD Commencementdetroitlions.comWayne County Community College District Commencement. DATE: June 1, 2013; TIME: 11:00 AM; LOCATION: Ford Field. Gates ...
- GVSU signs reverse transfer agreement with WCCCD - HollandSentinel.com
posted on May 10, 2013 at 08:54:36 pm
GVSU signs reverse transfer agreement with WCCCDHollandSentinel.comGrand Valley State University signed a reverse transfer agreement May 7 with Wayne County ...
- Michigan daybook - Cadillac News (subscription)
posted on February 23, 2013 at 10:23:05 pm
Michigan daybookCadillac News (subscription)10 a.m. 58700 M-51 South. Contact: Joshua Taustein, jtaustein(at)dresnerco.com, 312-780-7219, or ...