- Fisher College serves 1,445 students (69% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Fisher College is one of 8 community colleges within Suffolk County, MA.
- The nearest community college is Bay State College (0.3 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|101 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,445 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||997 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||448 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||370-480||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||370-480||410-530|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||15-21||17-21|
- It has been the tradition of Fisher College to serve the educational needs of different populations. In its Day Division, Fisher provides career and transfer programs in a small college setting. This division actively seeks a diverse student population reflecting a cross section of American and international cultures. The Division of Continuing Education offers degree and certificate programs both electronically and at locations in eastern Massachusetts to a broad spectrum of learners as well as to business and industry through courses, seminars, workshops, and training sessions.
- When it was founded in 1903, Fisher College emphasized vocational preparation for its first few decades. Since then curriculum plans and objectives have expanded. In 1952, Fisher was approved as a two-year college by the Board of Regents of Higher Education of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and, in 1957, was given degree-granting powers. In 1970, Fisher gained membership in the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., with accreditation. Today, students from all parts of America and from numerous foreign countries attend Fisher's Day School.
- In January 1999 Fisher College was approved by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education to offer the Bachelor of Science in Management Degree. In December 2009 Fisher College was approved by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education to offer a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Human Services.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, NCAA/NAIA Basketball, NCAA/NAIA Baseball
Related School Videos:
Sam Adams Interview at St. John Fisher College
1 year ago.
Ben Bernanke visits Fisher College of Business
2 years ago
Fisher College of Business Fall Career Fair
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Charity Tournament Held at St. John Fisher College - Rochester YNN
posted on January 14, 2013 at 02:51:42 am
News 10NBCCharity Tournament Held at St. John Fisher CollegeRochester YNNThe 10th annual Eastside Basketball charity tournament was held this weekend at St. John Fisher College Sunday afternoon. The tournament ...
- Annual White Coat Ceremony Held for Pharmacy Students - Rochester YNN
posted on January 14, 2013 at 02:34:25 am
Annual White Coat Ceremony Held for Pharmacy StudentsRochester YNNStudents at the Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College celebrated the completion of ...
- UTPA rolls to win over Fisher College - Monitor
posted on January 13, 2013 at 05:21:29 am
UTPA rolls to win over Fisher CollegeMonitorUTPA rolls to win over Fisher College. Story ? Comments. Print: Create a hardcopy of this page; Font Size: ...