- Dean College serves 1,238 students (81% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equalto than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Dean College is one of 6 community colleges within Norfolk County, MA.
- The nearest community college is Laboure College (21.6 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|59 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,238 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:21||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,008 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||230 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||375-485||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||370-480||410-530|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||375-490||400-500|
|ACT English (25-75%)||15-19||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-19||16-21|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||5-7||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||15-19||17-21|
- Dean College was founded in 1865 as an academy with a mission of preparing students to complete a baccalaureate degree. Now, 145 years later, the college mission remains the same, making Dean a unique private college that delivers a personalized education for every student.
- Dean College is a private residential college located on 100 pristine acres in Franklin, Massachusetts, just 45 minutes from Boston and Providence. Students enjoy a lively campus life, and with a short walk they can access downtown Franklin or the rail train to Boston. Ongoing cultural and theatrical events are offered on campus through Dean's renowned Dance and Theater programs.
- Dean College offers Associate Degree programs in fifteen majors. The Associate Degree programs are designed to prepare students for baccalaureate degree programs and transfer to major four-year institutions.
- Dean College has 1020 full time students and 500 part time students, for a Full Time Equivalent enrollment of 1,520 students. Students also enjoy intercollegiate athletics and a full activities program. Dean awards associate degrees for fifteen academic majors, and baccalaureate degrees in five academic majors.
- Dean focuses on learning as a total experience -- both in and out of the classroom. Our internships, work-and-learn program, comprehensive athletic programs, community service projects, co-curricular activities and leadership opportunities all help you build the self-confidence that will be critical to your success.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Welcome to Dean College: 2013
3 months ago
FLASH MOB at Patriot Place by Dean College!
4 months ago
Related School News:
- Former Dean College student pleads guilty in 2011 sneaker beating case - Milford Daily News
posted on May 9, 2013 at 04:04:40 am
Former Dean College student pleads guilty in 2011 sneaker beating caseMilford Daily NewsA former Dean College student, expelled after prosecutors say he pummeled ...
- Former Dean College student pleads guilty to 2011 assault - Milford Daily News
posted on May 8, 2013 at 06:32:57 pm
Former Dean College student pleads guilty to 2011 assaultMilford Daily NewsA former Dean College student, arrested in 2011 after allegedly beating another student ...
- At Dean College: A place to prosper - Milford Daily News
posted on April 27, 2013 at 04:46:24 am
At Dean College: A place to prosperMilford Daily NewsChecking off another item on a long list of campus upgrades, Dean College on Friday dedicated its ...