- Prince George's Community College serves 14,814 students (31% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equalto than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Prince George's Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Prince Georges County, MD.
- The nearest community college is Maryland college of art and design (15.2 miles away).
Prince George's Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|717 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,814 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:21||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,637 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,177 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The college's main campus is located in Largo, Maryland, with additional sites at University Town Center in Hyattsville, Laurel College Center and Andrews Air Force Base. The college partners with Howard Community College to offer classes at the Laurel College Center. Each year nearly 40,000 students take part in more than 60 programs of study in a wide range of traditional and cutting-edge disciplines. With an average class size of 20, Prince George's Community College provides students with an enriching, learning-centered environment in which to further their academic and professional careers.
- Academic programs are divided into two categories: Transfer programs parallel the first two years of a bachelor's degree and are designed to help students transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Transfer programs also provide undergraduate prerequisites for students majoring in pre-pharmacy, pre-dental, pre-law, pre-medicine and pre-physical therapy. Career programs provide technical skills necessary for employment and career advancement. Many of the credits earned in career programs transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- Prince George's Community College is home to a number of special programs that address the needs and interests of county residents. These include the Book Bridge Project, the Center for Business and Industry Training and the Children's Developmental Clinic.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
78 students | 15.2 mi. away
17665 students | 20.2 mi. away
9569 students | 22.7 mi. away
9034 students | 24.2 mi. away