- Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus serves 3,902 students (17% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 43:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 65% of the student body.
- Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus is one of 13 community colleges within East Baton Rouge County, LA.
- The nearest community college is Baton Rouge School of Computers (5.9 miles away).
Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|91 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,902 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:43||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||646 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,256 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education.
- The Louisiana Community and Technical College System was established by the Louisiana legislature in 1999. LTC–BR Tech is a member campus of the new system and is recognized for preparing students for workforce success through continual education and training.
- BR Tech provides students with many educational and training choices. Its affordable tuition, small class size, high quality faculty, personal attention, great job placement rate, convenient class times and locations, beautiful campus, and a wide variety of student services combine to make the BR Tech experience one that works for students.
- The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs.
- The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
Related School Videos:
40 students | 5.9 mi. away
452 students | 10.8 mi. away
225 students | 23.8 mi. away
771 students | 24.8 mi. away