- Harper College serves 16,575 students (45% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Harper College is one of 37 community colleges within Cook County, IL.
- The nearest community college is City Colleges of Chicago-Harry S Truman College (22.4 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|432 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,575 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:38||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||7,376 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,199 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Harper College (also William Rainey Harper College) is a two-year community college in Palatine, Illinois. The college was established by referendum in 1965, and in 1971 Harper's construction was finished, the first community college to be completed in Illinois. It is named for William Rainey Harper, a pioneer in the junior college movement in the United States and the first president of the University of Chicago.
- We offer a full range of credit and non-credit courses, career training opportunities and continuing education options for professional development and personal enrichment as well as academic transfer programs. Our faculty is among the best. And because, like William Rainey Harper himself, we believe that higher education should be accessible to all, we offer a flexible schedule of daytime, nighttime and weekend classes at our main campus and at several other sites conveniently located throughout our service area.
- Avanté, Center for Science, Health Careers and Emerging Technologies is a state-of-the-art learning center for Harper College's nationally acclaimed programs in health, science and computer technology. The Center occupies 292,926 square feet of space, or six and one half acres. Avanté houses 10 major academic programs including nursing, dental hygiene, medical imaging, cardiac care, electronics, computer science, biology and chemistry. The name Avanté implies “advancement” or “moving forward,” while the Center itself creates an inspiring environment to advance teaching and learning in the sciences, technology and health care for current and future generations. It contains 400 rooms.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
David Brooks, Harper College Graduation 2012
7 months ago
Harper College Will Rock You
1 year ago.
ESL Testing for New Students at Harper College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Kudos for new "Mailer Review" - University of South Florida
posted on January 4, 2013 at 06:03:02 pm
Kudos for new "Mailer Review"University of South FloridaMaggie McKinley, assistant professor at Harper College, looks into Mailer's ?An American Dream? ...
- Harper College Offers Tips to Jumpstart Your Career in 2013 - Patch.com
posted on December 15, 2012 at 12:35:34 pm
Harper College Offers Tips to Jumpstart Your Career in 2013Patch.comNancy Wajler, Dean of Workforce and Economic Development at Harper College, has tips to help ...
- Meet Harper College Ethics Bowl Team - Patch.com
posted on December 11, 2012 at 11:35:14 am
Meet Harper College Ethics Bowl TeamPatch.comFour Harper College students this winter will debate ethical issues, from plagiarism and paid maternity ...
12947 students | 22.4 mi. away
385 students | 23.9 mi. away
8366 students | 24.6 mi. away