- Saint Augustine College serves 1,582 students (85% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body.
- Saint Augustine College is one of 37 community colleges within Cook County, IL.
- The nearest community college is The College of Office Technology (4.7 miles away).
Saint Augustine College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|72 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,582 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:22||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,345 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||237 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- On October 7, 1980, the Illinois State Board of Higher Education granted operating authority to the first bilingual institution of higher education in Illinois: St. Augustine College. This educational setting is unique in Illinois, as well as the entire country. It came into existence as a result of years of work, observation and research, and is based on more than ten years of community work performed by the Spanish Episcopal Services, an educational agency that was created under the auspices of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago by Father Carlos A. Plazas, Ph.D. in 1970.
- The bilingual programs of St. Augustine College are recognized today as a dynamic and vibrant part of the Hispanic life of our city. Our graduates compete effectively in all sectors of our local and regional economy, in a growing number of professional programs. Their bilingual skills are recognized as valuable assets to businesses and institutions in the private and public sectors alike. The student body of St. Augustine College grows increasingly diversified, as we attract large contingents of students, representative of other ethnic and racial groups in our city.
- Located at the Main Campus, the Chapel of the Divine Wisdom, consecrated in 1997 by the then Episcopal Bishop of Chicago, the Rt. Rev. Frank Griswald, is the spiritual center of St. Augustine College. This quiet place of worship and reflection is a gathering place that has welcomed weddings, baptisms, Eucharistic celebrations, and funeral masses. The Chapel serves as an important reminder that this College's history and foundation is closely linked to the spiritual values of the Judeao-Christian tradition.
- St. Augustine College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
385 students | 4.7 mi. away
0 students | 6.6 mi. away
8366 students | 6.6 mi. away
6366 students | 13.3 mi. away
4868 students | 18.2 mi. away