- Arizona Western College serves 8,253 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 35:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body.
- Arizona Western College is the only community colleges within Yuma County, AZ.
Arizona Western College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|237 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,253 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:35||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,613 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,640 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Arizona Western College, through its focus on an integrated enrollment management plan, has opened doors to diverse students on a local, national, and global level with enrollment soaring by 200% F.T.S.E. Aggressive statewide marketing, coupled with computerized registration, financial aid, retention and articulation programs, has resulted in increased proportions of full-time students in the AWC/NAU partnership. The Arizona Western College/Northern Arizona University in Yuma International Student Partnership represents a student population drawn from over twenty nations world wide making the college a "multi-cultural" learning center.
- Performance-based learning connections for men and women involved in athletics, government, music, drama, and leadership demonstrates that Arizona Western College exemplifies excellence in both team building participation and learning. Talent and education are combined to produce service oriented citizens that enhance the quality of life in southwest Arizona. Equal access for men and women in performance-based activities has opened more and more areas for national recognition and achievement for deserving Arizona Western students.
- Staff members are part of a highly networked team that focus on learning rather than on organizational borders or boundaries commonly encountered in colleges without AWC's vision and vitality. Arizona Western College values are rooted in the delivery of high quality comprehensive learning opportunities for the people of Yuma and La Paz Counties.
- The Department of Campus Life supports the College Vision by providing a variety of services, programs and activities designed to encourage growth and development in leadership, citizenship, collaboration and respect for cultural and intellectual diversity. We strive to create opportunities that emphasize healthy lifestyles, communication, critical thinking, identity development, and moral reasoning to assist students in achieving academic success and becoming responsible members of the community.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Arizona Western College Baseball Training Routine
2 months ago
Economics at Arizona Western College
3 months ago
Related School News:
- AWC/NAU-Yuma 2013 Commencement - Yuma Arizona News - Yumanewsnow
posted on May 14, 2013 at 09:37:24 pm
AWC/NAU-Yuma 2013 Commencement - Yuma Arizona NewsYumanewsnowYuma, Arizona - Arizona Western College, Northern Arizona-Yuma Branch Campus and University of Arizona ...
- Arizona Western College Celebrates National Nursing Week - Yuma Arizona News - Yumanewsnow
posted on May 9, 2013 at 12:25:00 am
Arizona Western College Celebrates National Nursing Week - Yuma Arizona NewsYumanewsnowYuma, Arizona - "Since I was three, I wanted to be the one that told people, 'PUSH! PUSH ...
- AWC Students install solar system - Yuma Sun
posted on May 7, 2013 at 05:32:29 am
AWC Students install solar systemYuma SunThe Arizona Western College solar-PV class completed installation and commissioning of a 10-module solar-PV system Saturday on the roofing structure east of ...