- Lincoln College serves 1,311 students (73% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body.
- Lincoln College is the only community colleges within Logan County, IL.
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|71 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,311 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||951 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||360 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|ACT English (25-75%)||13-19||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-18||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||15-19||17-21|
- The college is a selective co-ed two-year, private, liberal arts college, accredited by the North Central Association designed to prepare a student for university study through a structured, supportive approach to learning. The college includes 60-acre wooded campus with complete academic, artistic, and athletic facilities.
- Lincoln College was established in 1865 to fill the need for an institution of higher learning in central Illinois. Commissioners investigated several sites, and in December, 1864, selected Lincoln, Illinois. On February 6, 1865, a charter for the new university was secured from the Illinois General Assembly. Ground was broken for University Hall, the first college building, just six days later on Abraham Lincoln's birthday.
- Lincoln College provides a full measure of personal support. This is an intentionally small institution because we strive to give each student substantial individual attention. Our class sizes are small and each year we are delighted to observe students, faculty members, and support staff coming together as an academic family. There are a number of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities available to students on both campuses and, because of our small size, we are able to offer many educational enrichment opportunities.
- Lincoln College at Lincoln is a two-year residential campus offering a liberal arts foundation as well as athletic and fine arts programs. Lincoln College at Normal also offers associate degree programs as well as four-year programs and a cosmetology school. Both central Illinois campuses provide low student to faculty ratios and complete supportive services.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
NBA Street Vol. 2 - Lincoln College
4 years ago
Related School News:
- Cast your vote in Lincoln College of Technology Photo Challenge
posted on December 29, 2012 at 04:56:00 am
Voting is under way for the Lincoln College of ...
- College Report: Ex-Lancer Merkel Kills It At Lincoln - thejournal-news.net
posted on December 13, 2012 at 06:07:32 am
College Report: Ex-Lancer Merkel Kills It At Lincolnthejournal-news.netFellow Lincoln College player Lexie Krager (Lincolnwood) also logged time this year. While ...
- TEXT-Fitch affirms three UK-based Oxford University Colleges
posted on October 17, 2012 at 02:40:00 pm
Oct 17 - Fitch Ratings has affirmed three UK-based Oxford University Colleges' Long-term foreign and local currency ratings at 'AAA' and Short-term foreign currency ratings at 'F1+'. The Outlooks on the Long-term ratings are Negative. The ...