- City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College serves 4,868 students (57% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 54:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College is one of 37 community colleges within Cook County, IL.
- The nearest community college is City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College (5.3 miles away).
City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|90 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,868 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:54||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,774 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,094 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Olive-Harvey College was formed in the fall of 1970 as a result of the merger of two City Colleges of Chicago: the Southeast College, founded in 1957, and Fenger, founded in 1958. These two Colleges had been operating separately, with different faculties, administrations, student populations, educational philosophies, and purpose.
- Olive-Harvey College has been located at its present 67-acre campus since its inception. Initially, it was housed in a set of nine prefabricated, steel structures. In 1981 the College moved most of its operations to a newly constructed main building, with ample space, equipment, laboratories and other facilities.
- In the Spring of 1988, the physical facilities expanded with construction a satellite facility, the South Chicago Campus on 92nd Street between Baltimore and Houston, in the far east of the College's service area.
- Olive-Harvey College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
6366 students | 5.3 mi. away
0 students | 11.6 mi. away
8366 students | 12.0 mi. away
385 students | 13.6 mi. away
12947 students | 17.7 mi. away