- North Idaho College serves 6,347 students (55% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- North Idaho College is the only community colleges within Kootenai County, ID.
North Idaho College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|242 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,347 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:26||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,517 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,830 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1933, North Idaho College is a comprehensive community college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. NIC offers more than 80 degrees and certificates in a wide spectrum of academic transfer, professional-technical, and general education programs. Approximately 4,856 students are enrolled in credit classes and more than 7,595 participate annually in non-credit courses. NIC operates with an open-door admissions policy to meet the needs of individuals with divergent interests and abilities. NIC also plays a key role in economic development by preparing competent, trained employees for area businesses, industries, and governmental agencies. NIC’s five-county service area spans more than 7,000 square miles. The college serves this vast region through outreach centers in Bonners Ferry, Kellogg, and Ponderay, as well as through an extensive array of Internet and interactive video conferencing courses. As one of three community colleges in the state, North Idaho College works to provide a variety of career pathways for students from fast-paced, one-credit classes to certificates and transfer degrees. NIC works closely with the University of Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College, Idaho State University, and Boise State University to provide transfer options for students. NIC offers a variety of student government and club opportunities for students with a wide range of interests and is known nationally for its competitive athletics programs. NIC is located amid the four-season beauty of North Idaho’s world-famous recreation area. Outdoor activities include skiing, hiking, hunting, boating, fishing, backpacking, camping, swimming, and the ever-popular studying on the beach. NIC’s campus lies within the city limits of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, a lakeside city with a growing population of 38,388 residents. Metropolitan amenities are close by with Spokane, Washington, a city of 195,695, just 30 minutes away and a Spokane-Coeur d’Alene metropolitan area of more than 700,000.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
WNC vs North Idaho College Girls Softball Highlights
2 months ago
North Idaho College - NIC Today, April 2, 2012
1 year ago.
North Idaho College - NIC Today, February 2012
1 year ago.
North Idaho College Wrestling
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- My 2 Cents: Vote & Save The Shire - The Spokesman Review (blog)
posted on May 20, 2013 at 11:03:32 pm
The Spokesman Review (blog)My 2 Cents: Vote & Save The ShireThe Spokesman Review (blog)Between the expansion of the Education Corridor and business as usual at ...
- Guest opinion: Idaho colleges lag in funding - The Spokesman Review
posted on May 18, 2013 at 07:06:06 am
Guest opinion: Idaho colleges lag in fundingThe Spokesman ReviewAt Idaho's three two-year colleges, which have independent boards, presidential pay ranges ...
- UTSA signs 7-footer from North Idaho College - San Antonio Express (blog)
posted on May 2, 2013 at 12:27:15 am
UTSA signs 7-footer from North Idaho CollegeSan Antonio Express (blog)UTSA has signed 7-foot center Kaj Sherman and 6-2 point guard Keon Lewis out of North Idaho ...