- Tunxis Community College serves 4,666 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body.
- Tunxis Community College is one of 8 community colleges within Hartford County, CT.
- The nearest community college is Sanford-Brown College-Farmington (4.6 miles away).
Tunxis Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|152 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,666 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,059 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,607 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Tunxis Community College was chartered by the State of Connecticut in 1969 to serve the Bristol-New Britain and Farmington Valley areas. It first opened for classes in October 1970 with 494 students; today approximately 7,000 full- and part-time students attend the College each semester enrolled in credit and continuing education classes. Yet Tunxis is still small enough to offer students individual attention. Since the first graduation in 1972, more than 8,000 persons have received an associate's degree or a certificate from the College.
- Choose from over 60 associate's degree and certificate programs ranging from computers and technology to healthcare, human services, business, accounting, criminal justice, television operations, engineering science, manufacturing, liberal arts, graphic design, and much more. With quality education, flexible scheduling, credit and non-credit courses
- Tunxis offers non-credit and CEU programs, specialized occupational training, and customized employee training. Students have also transferred their credits from Tunxis to bachelor's degree programs at the University of Connecticut, CT State Universities, Trinity College, St. Joseph College, Quinnipiac University, Wesleyan, Yale, Georgetown, Northeastern, and many other universities.
- Tunxis Community College is licensed and accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Incorporated.
Related School Videos:
Tunxis Community College
1 year ago.
Pleasant Dreams from Tunxis Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- READER SUBMITTED: West Hartford Yocelyn Pichardo Wins The American ... - Hartford Courant
posted on March 22, 2013 at 11:24:06 pm
READER SUBMITTED: West Hartford Yocelyn Pichardo Wins The American ...Hartford Courant21 year old Yocelyn Pichardo, of West Hartford was crowned Miss Hartford ...
- READER SUBMITTED: Plainville School Readiness Council Awards Scholarships - Hartford Courant
posted on March 22, 2013 at 04:25:46 pm
READER SUBMITTED: Plainville School Readiness Council Awards ScholarshipsHartford CourantMs. Cirillo is currently a part time student at Tunxis Community College where she ...
- Schools aim to reduce debt burden - Hartford Business
posted on March 11, 2013 at 03:41:30 pm
Schools aim to reduce debt burdenHartford BusinessSchools with the highest three-year default rates include Middlesex Community College, Tunxis ...
152 students | 4.6 mi. away
957 students | 5.5 mi. away
4518 students | 11.4 mi. away
7540 students | 16.5 mi. away