- West Los Angeles College serves 11,979 students (24% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 59:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 83% of the student body.
- West Los Angeles College is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles (7.0 miles away).
West Los Angeles College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|203 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,979 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:59||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,873 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,106 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||$26 per unit CA Resi|
- West Los Angeles College (WLAC), located on a scenic hillside in Culver City, opened its doors in February 1969. One of the nine campuses of the Los Angeles Community College District, the college has approximately 11,000 student in day, evening and online classes. WLAC serves Baldwin Hills, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Century City, Crenshaw, Culver City, LA Tijera/Windsor Hills, Marina del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Palms, Playa del Rey, Venice, Westchester, West Los Angeles and Westwood. Students come from a rich mixture of nationalities and cultures.
- West is a leader in online education housing one of the largest programs in Southern California. Several of our degrees may be earned completely online. Partnerships with prestigious universities allow our students to transfer and complete their Bachelor's degree completely online as well. Students may also select just one or two classes online to augment their on campus courses.
- Our career-oriented Certificate and Associate degree programs include several that are unique in this area, including motion picture/television production crafts, aircraft electronics, aviation maintenance, dental hygiene, travel and hospitality, and the only paralegal program in the Los Angeles Community College District that is approved by the American Bar Association. Whether in academic or career-oriented subjects, our outstanding faculty members are experts in their fields. They have chosen to teach in a community college because they prefer to concentrate on teaching, and they value the smaller classes and greater opportunity for individualized instruction that colleges like West provide.
- Basic Skills Program to provide students with the necessary capabilities in mathematics, verbal and written language skills, and study skills to successfully complete a certificate, degree, or transfer program.
- The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Colleges and Universities, and offers 25 transfer and 18 vocationally-oriented programs. The American Dental Association and the Federal Aviation Administration also recognize the vocational curricula offered here at West Los Angeles College.
188 students | 7.0 mi. away
7628 students | 13.6 mi. away
310 students | 16.9 mi. away
21610 students | 18.5 mi. away
28 students | 20.8 mi. away