- San Jose City College serves 11,465 students (24% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 58:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 80% of the student body.
- San Jose City College is one of 10 community colleges within Santa Clara County, CA.
- The nearest community college is De Anza College (6.6 miles away).
San Jose City College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|197 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,465 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:58||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,769 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,696 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- From its modest beginnings in 1921, San José City College has delivered its educational mission with integrity and vitality. For many years, San José City College operated in downtown San Jose. San Jose Unified School District took over the College's operation in 1953, moving it to its present Moorpark Avenue location. A decade later, an independent San Jose Junior College District was created. In 1958, the name was changed to San José City College.
- Today, the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District (formed in 1963) serves more than seven hundred thousand residents within its 303 square mile boundaries, including the San Jose and Milpitas Unified School Districts and East Side Union High School District.
- You can earn an AA degree, take courses to transfer to a university, upgrade your technical skills, learn English, improve your ability to communicate, tone your body, and much more. Our counselors will help you select the programs that best meet your needs.
- San José City College still remains one of Silicon Valley's best and most affordable educational resources. As a college with great diversity, we bring a global, cosmopolitan worldview to our students. We are exposed to and cherish different languages and different cultures, and that exposure helps our students succeed when they enter Silicon Valley's multi-cultural workplaces. We have connections to high tech companies, universities, and science related organizations such as NASA and Lawrence Livermore Lab. These connections help keep us up to date and provide great opportunities for advancement for our students.
- City College continues its dynamic transformation with our new Cesar E. Chavez Library/Learning Resource Center where students study in the comfort of quiet niches, take advantage of computer learning assistance and tutoring, and experience easy access to the Internet. Our new Technology Center provides a great setting for learning about computers and other current technologies. And our new Student Center makes it even easier than ever to take care of all of your business from admissions to financial aid, from counseling to enrollment — all under one roof. By Fall of '06, we will have completed the construction of our new Science Center.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- McMillian Named Defensive Coordinator At Prairie View A&M - KBTX
posted on March 28, 2013 at 12:35:55 am
McMillian Named Defensive Coordinator At Prairie View A&MKBTXA native of Bryan, Texas, McMillian began his collegiate career at San Jose City College in 1991 ...
- New Advertising Platform Helps San Jose School Save Over Ten Thousand ... - PR Web (press release)
posted on March 26, 2013 at 08:10:08 am
New Advertising Platform Helps San Jose School Save Over Ten Thousand ...PR Web (press release)SJCC (San Jose City College) has found an innovative new way to cut costs: bathroom ...
- Dedication of Sons of San Jose Vietnam War Memorial: Who were these guys? - San Jose Mercury News
posted on March 18, 2013 at 11:31:43 pm
Dedication of Sons of San Jose Vietnam War Memorial: Who were these guys?San Jose Mercury NewsTony graduated from San Jose High in 1965 and enrolled at San Jose City College ...
25989 students | 6.6 mi. away
9813 students | 9.2 mi. away
7248 students | 20.3 mi. away
14206 students | 22.6 mi. away
14143 students | 24.4 mi. away