- San Joaquin Valley College-Visalia serves 1,842 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body.
- San Joaquin Valley College-Visalia is one of 4 community colleges within Tulare County, CA.
- The nearest community college is San Joaquin Valley College-Online (1.9 miles away).
San Joaquin Valley College-Visalia
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|120 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,842 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:15||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,842 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||4%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.Founded in 1977, SJVC has 7 campuses in Central and Southern California, offering more than 20 accelerated Associate of Science degree programs in business, medical and technical fields.
- Students benefit from a balance of class-room instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in today's competitive job market.
- San Joaquin Valley College offers degree and certificate programs in business, medical and technical fields. We are committed to providing the best of both general and vocational education. With a core of general education courses alongside specialized career training, SJVC enables graduates to receive their Associate of Science degree in addition to any career specific certifications and licensure preparedness.
- The Visalia Campus, founded in 1977, was the first of seven San Joaquin Valley College campuses. Located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, the campus serves students and employers in all neighboring communities between Fresno and Bakersfield.
- San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for community and junior colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.